Thursday, February 3, 2011

Mantle me that!

I've never liked our mantle. Maybe that's because we don't actually have a mantle. We have a shelf, awkwardly placed a foot above the fireplace. It's awkward. Unfortunately, we rent and the landlords put the shelf their. So we have to deal. Dealing has been much in the form of placing anything and everything that is within reach. And then topping it off with Tomas' ship, because he's in love with that thing.

Well, after almost 7 months of being here.. I've finally conquered the mantle (and replaced that ship). Here he is in all his beauty:



I am so happy with how this turned out (maybe I'm a little biased?). I could just sit here and oogle at my own mantle (awkward..). I made the sunburst mirror, the "Live" sign, and those antique books. Tutorials on all those coming soon..




I took the red glass balls out of the vase that used to be on the mantle and tossed them in a mason jar. I had picked up a bunch of mason jars at A.C.Moore a few months back when they were on sale for 99 cents. The old books on the left and the candle sticks were thrift store finds.


Note to self: Don't take pictures before sunrise.


And that's it. I'm so happy to finally like love my mantle!

Link parties! -
Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...